You could have had it all
I wonder if you realize what you lost
I wonder if you know
That you could have had it all
I think about it all the time
I think about how you had it all
And I was left with nothing
You weren't there to break my fall
Like a slimy leach
Taking and taking til nothing was left
You drained me of my life
You would have taken my last breath
Now I look back and see
How much of nothing I really had
In retrospect
You were never really a husband or a "dad"
So when you ask to talk to her
Never again.
Why would I be so foolish?
You made your bed.
When you ran away
It disgusts me to think you were ever worth a fight
Someone else did me the biggest favor
So I could finally see the light
Above all else
You are nothing to her now
She doesn't even know you
She calls someone else Daddy now
Don't hate because I am doing so good
You thew it away in an instant
You could have had it all...
Thank God you didn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment